Adel Mathematics—Arthur Adel
Associate professor of mathematics and physics and Lowell Observatory astronomer renowned for atmospheric research.
Allen Hall—Agnes M. Allen
Geology professor who came to NAU in 1938. Helped build and headed the science department.
Ardrey Auditorium—Eldon A. Ardrey
Assistant professor of music who arrived in 1931, later heading the music department and organizing music groups and ensembles.
Ashurst Building—Henry Fountain Ashurst
While serving in the U.S. Senate for 28 years, introduced the bill to establish the Normal School from which NAU evolved.
Babbitt Academic Annex—James E. Babbitt
Former state legislator influential in reforming the bill granting teachers the master's of arts in education at the Tucson and Flagstaff colleges.
Babbitt Administrative Center—John G. Babbitt
Long-time Flagstaff icon, chairman of Babbitt Bros. Trading Co., and former member and president of the Arizona Board of Regents.
Bilby Research Center—Ralph M. Bilby
Served on Flagstaff City Council and on the Arizona Board of Regents, playing a significant role in the development of the Skydome.
Blome Building—Rudolph Harin Heinrich Blome
Second president of the college. "The Martyred President," as he is referred to in Platt Cline's history of NAU, was dismissed from office because some questioned his loyalty; he was a native of Germany as America prepared to enter World War I.
Bury Hall—Frances Bury
Assistant to the first president, Almon Taylor, and teacher.
Campbell Hall—Hugh E. Campbell
Served in the State Senate. Influential in increasing funds for materials and housing.
Cline Library—Platt and Barbara Cline
Distinguished alumni and benefactors of education. Platt was a former editor, publisher and president of the Arizona Daily Sun and in 1994 was named Flagstaff Citizen of the Century. He published five books chronicling Flagstaff, NAU and the region.
Cowden Learning Center—James S. Cowden
Family gave 320 acres to be used in exchange with the forest service for lands adjacent to the campus.
du Bois Center—Alan V. du Bois
Phoenix businessman and annual donor.
Eastburn Education Center—Lacey Arnold Eastburn
Tenth president, serving from 1947-1957.
Eugene M. Hughes Hotel and Restaurant Management Building—Eugene M. Hughes
Twelfth president, serving from 1979-1993. Established School of Hotel and Restaurant Management in 1986.
Fronske Health Center—M.G. Fronske
Flagstaff doctor and campus physician. Cared for the students and faculty of the Flagstaff campus during the influenza epidemic of 1918.
Gabaldon Hall—Tony Gabaldon
Former state senator, Coconino County supervisor, and longtime friend to NAU.
Gammage Building—Grady Gammage
Seventh president, serving from 1926-1933. The first president who was a native Arizonan and educated at an Arizona state university.
Gillenwater Hall—Virgil Gillenwater
Executive dean, appointed under President Walkup, and director of secondary student teaching in 1950.
Hanley Hall—Margaret Hanley
Served for forty-one years as head of dining hall and known as "Mother Hanley."
McConnell Hall—Sam McConnell
Member of the State Legislature and instrumental in increasing the school's funding.
McDonald Hall—Lewis J. McDonald
A 1931 alumnus; director of field relations and vice president in charge of university relations.
Morton Hall—Mary Morton Pollock
The Pollack family influenced the development of the school during Blome's administration and hosted social occasions to welcome new students.
Peterson Hall—Andrew C. Peterson
Teacher of social science and education, and liaison between Mormon families and church leaders.
Prochnow Auditorium—Robert W. Prochnow
Served for 10 years in the Arizona Legislature and as a senator advocated for growth in Flagstaff.
Raymond Hall—R.O. Raymond
Flagstaff physician who bequeathed more than $1 million in unimproved land to endow an educational foundation that funded campus scholarships.
Reilly Hall—William P. Reilly
Regent who was devoted to public service and a champion of students and learning.
Riles Building—Wilson C. Riles
A 1940 alumnus twice elected California superintendent of schools; chairman of the U.S. Office of Education Task Force on Urban Education, and member of the National Council on Education Research.
Rolle Activity Center—Joseph C. Rolle
A 1941 alumnus and dean of University Services after earning graduate degrees.
Roseberry Apartments—Minnie Roseberry
Kindergarten teacher and coaching staff to training school who served more than 1,000 hours of unpaid nursing practice.
Sechrist Hall—C.W. Sechrist
A Flagstaff physician and legislator who served NAU in many ways.
Taylor Hall—Almon N. Taylor
The first president of then Northern Arizona Normal School, serving from 1899-1909.
Tinsley Hall—William W. Tinsley
Dean of men and English and history professor. Headed a committee establishing the semester system.
Walkup Skydome—J. Lawrence Walkup
Eleventh president, serving NAU from 1957-1979. Instrumental in gaining university status for NAU.
Wall Aquatic Center—Douglas J. Wall
Flagstaff attorney, local and state opinion leader, former regent, and university advocate.
Wettaw Biology and Biochemistry Building—John F. Wettaw
Longtime state legislator and NAU chemistry professor.
Wilson Hall—Charles B. Wilson, Sr.
Flagstaff attorney who supported NAU's bid to grant liberal arts and science degrees.