- ITEP's Tribal Hazardous Substance Website:
This website has been established to serve as a tool for tribal professionals interested in researching a wide variety of hazardous substances, contaminated lands, emergency response, tribal laws, mining, and USTs.
- TAMS RIC - Resource Information Center:
This information retrieval site contains a searchable list of electronic and hard copy resources pertaining to tribal or environmental issues. This includes technical documents, educational lesson plans, catalogs, videos, brochures, fact sheets, and other types of resources.
Federal Websites of Interest:
- USEPA's Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response:
- EPA's "Solid Waste in Indian Country":
Contains resource information and links about; Basic Information, Where You Live, Grants Funding, Regulation/Standards, etc.
- Tribal Waste Journal:
Annual publication from USEPA focusing on various aspects of waste management and response programs.
- USEPA's American Indian Environmental Office:
- USEPA's TechDirect Service:
On this website you can sign up for the TechDirect information service, which highlights new publications and events of interest to site remediation and site assessment professionals.
- USDA's Rural Development Water and Environmental Programs:
WEP provides loans, grants and loan guarantees for drinking water, sanitary sewer, solid waste and storm drainage facilities in rural areas and cities and towns of 10,000 or less.
Tribal Websites of Interest:
- Tribal Pollution Prevention Roundtable Working Group:
- Tribal Video on Emergency Preparedness:
This video was created by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, in cooperation with the University of Minnesota. To view the video you will need to register on the site. Simply click on the link "Register and view this video", which will take you to a new page. You will see "New to this site?" Click on "register" where you can type in your email address and your own personal password.
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe's Solid Waste Division:
- The Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation: Natural Resources Codes:
- Tribal Solid Waste Advisory Network:
National Websites of Interest:
- Earth 911, an on-line database, organized by ZIP code, of reuse, recycling, and pollution prevention information:
- Solid Waste Association of North America:
- Resource Recycling:
An information resource for those engaged in the recycling industry.
- US Composting Council:
Regional Websites of Interest:
- Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation's solid waste program:
Site contains Quick Links, Of Interest, pertaining to municipal and industrial landfills and waste collection facilities.
- Cornell Waste Management Institute:
- Maine's Compost School:
- Recycling Association of Minnesota:
- New Mexico Recycling Coalition:
- Washington State Recycling Association:
- Washington Organics Recycling Council:
Last updated: February 5, 2013