- ITEP: Established 1992; Outstanding national reputation; served over 500 tribes nationally; providing tribes with direct technical assistance and training courses.
- Proximity to Tribes: Located in southwest in close proximity to numerous tribes.
- Native American Students: NAU is home to more than 1,200 Native American students representing over 50 tribal nations. Largest AISES Chapter in Nation.
- NAU's Institute for Sustainable Energy Solutions (SES) Group: Led by Dr. Tom Acker, ISES provides expertise and leadership on sustainable energy technologies and successful business implementation of those technologies.
- NAU Center for American Indian Economic Development: Led by Nathan Levi Esquerra, CAIED is a technical resource for tribes on a wide range of economic development issues including renewable energy and manufacturing.
- American College & University President's Climate Commitment:
- National Institute for Climate Change Research: NAU is one of four national universities selected by the U.S. Department of Energy as a regional center for the National Institute for Climate Change Research.
Last updated: October 11, 2012