» Student Scholarship
» Scholarship Awards
» Scholarship Fund
The Virgil Masayesva Native American Environmental Education Scholarship Fund
Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals Environmental Education Outreach Program and Institute for Native Americans
Application for Scholarship is now CLOSED!
The Virgil Masayesva Native American Environmental Education Scholarship Fund was established to defray
legitimate costs associated with attending Northern Arizona University.
- Students must be a member of a federally-recognized tribe.
- Students must be a full-time student attending the Flagstaff Mountain Campus.
- Students must be majoring in environmental engineering or environmental sciences. Related fields such as chemistry, biology, and others will be considered, if the student is strongly committed to environmental protection.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of a 2.0 or higher.
- Students must have demonstrated financial need as determined by the NAU Financial Aid Office.
- Students must be a second-semester freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student at the time of the award.
- Students must have a strong interest in helping American Indian tribes address environmental protection of their resources and land.
How to Apply:
- Complete an application.
- Letter of Recommendation from a faculty or staff member. [Download Template – MSWord]
- Letter of Recommendation from someone who knows you and can discuss your interest in environmental protection. [Download Template – MSWord]
- Copy of your Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Unofficial college transcripts.
- Current resume.
Application & Award Process:
The application packets will be reviewed by a committee of faculty and staff. The selected student will be notified regarding their award.
The scholarship will be added to the student’s financial aid package through the NAU Office of Student Financial Aid.
The recipient will write a thank you-letter that will be shared with the donors and the Masayesva family.