Telephone Services For Students
Telephone Line Repair Procedures
Harassing/Obscene/Threatening Phone Calls
Telephone Number Change
Long Distance Calling
Television Cable Repair
TELEPHONE LINE IS DEAD OR YOU ARE GETTING STATIC ON THE LINE
Following are the steps to be taken if you are experiencing trouble with the telephone line in your residence hall:
- Go to the front desk of your residence hall. You will be given a test phone to try in your telephone jack.
- If the test phone works, this indicates the problem is with your personal telephone equipment. You are responsible for obtaining new equipment.
- If the test phone does not work, call the Solution Center at x3-1511 to report the problem. The report will be given to a repair technician for resolution.
The call waiting feature is available on all residence hall telephones.
To have call waiting added or removed, call Telecomm Support at x3-7474.
CALL WAITING INSTRUCTIONS:
- When the second call "beeps" , press the switch hook.
- The word "enter" will be repeated three times.
- Press *4.
- Hold down or place the handset on the switch hook.
- The second call will ring in
To alternate between calls, repeat steps 1-3
Some answering machines will not work properly when off-campus calls are received.
Call Telecom Support at x37474 for help.
Campus voice mail is NOT available for student phone service.
You should contact the NAU Police Department at x3-3611, and file a report. The Police will order a trace on your phone line if necessary.
Telecomm can only connect a trace when ordered to do so by the Police Department. Results of the trace will only be provided to NAU Police Department officials.
Your residence hall staff will submit an on-line "MAC" form requesting the telephone number change. Once the "MAC" form is received, the new telephone number will be called to the hall staff who submitted the request.
You may have your address and telephone number unlisted with the University. To do so, go to Louie and log into your portfolio. When you leave the university, you should remove the unlisted status so that your information can be released.
NEW! Effective May 15, 2006 - NAU ACUS Calling Plan will no longer be available to NAU students.
All students need to use their personal cell phone, calling card or call collect for all long distance service.
Call Residence Life at x3-3978.
|Web Page Contact: ASK-ITS@nau.edu|
|© 2002 Northern Arizona University - Information Technology Services|