Purchasing Policy and Procedure
Used equipment may be purchased if it meets the standards
required by the user and results in a savings for the University.
The requisition for the used equipment must contain a statement
- the equipment has been inspected by the requestor,
- the condition of the equipment is as represented,
- the equipment meets the requirements of the user,
- the best interest of the University will be served by
the purchase of the used equipment,
- and -
- the purchase price represents fair market value or better.
Purchasing Services is responsible for ensuring the purchase
price is reasonable.
Used equipment costing more than $50,000 must be competitively
bid, using normal purchasing procedures.